Black Friday – Price Drop! Group Rates. All Pilots. All Airlines. Offer Ends 30th Of November
Fitness to Fly insurance allows pilots to combine temporary, monthly loss of income and permanent disability lump sum benefits on a single policy within your ownership, independent of your airline. Temporary monthly benefits commence from 90 days and are payable for up to 24 months, followed by your chosen lump sum, where there is no prospect of sufficient improvement in your medical condition to resume flight duties. Those pilots who need it can now also add short term benefits payable from 28 to 90 days. Fitness to Fly insurance provides total affordable financial protection for all pilots up to age 65. Available now!
1. Temporary Total Disability: Monthly benefit payable from 90 days for up to 24 months. Maximum 75% x salary or $12,500 per month.
2. Permanent Total Disability: Lump sum of your choice equivalent to 1, 2, 3 or 4 x salary. NEW FEATURE: Now as a new optional extra, pilots who require faster benefit payments can include…
3. Short-term Total Disability: Monthly benefit payable from 28 to 90 days maximum 50% x salary or $/£/€ 8,000 per month
For example: on a salary 160,000 the maximum allowable monthly benefit is 10,000 per month payable from 90 days for up to 24 months and then followed by a lump sum of your own choice in the amount of 1, 2, 3 or 4x annual salary up to a maximum of 500,000. Optional extra short term cover, if chosen would provide a maximum monthly benefit of $8000 per month from day 28 to day 90 rising to 10,000 per month from day 91.
- Benefit amounts within the max limits require a short online application.
- Benefit requests in excess of the above maximums will require an off-line application and additional medical underwriting.
- Monthly benefits are payable in arrears from the end of the 28 or 90 day deferred period chosen on the application.
- Fitness to Fly Insurance does not cover mental or nervous disorders or drug or alcohol related illness, Full policy terms & conditions and exclusions with all quotations.
Key features of Fitness to Fly include:
- Largest benefit option for higher earners.
- Lowest long term cost for all ages up to age 65!
- Monthly benefit up to maximum 12,500 or 75% gross salary*Monthly benefits commence after 90 days.
- Monthly benefit payable monthly for up to 24 months.
- Permanent Total Disability Lump Sum 1x, 2x, 3x or 4x salary.
- Lump sum is paid in addition to annual benefits.
- Optional Extra! Short Term Cover, 28 to 90 days, max 50% salary or 8,000 per month
- Choice of Currency: USD $ EUR € GBP £
- Payment options & surcharge: Annual +0% Semi-annual +2% Quarterly +4% Monthly +6%
*Maximum benefit from all sources, social welfare benefit deducted, if applicable.
Key Policy Conditions And Exclusions:
OWN OCCUPATION – any illness or injury which prevents the performance of the essential duties of your normal occupation, Airline Pilot.
Maximum Total Temporary Disablement 75% of salary, subject to a total maximum of 15,000 per month benefit, payable for 24 months followed by a Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) Lump Sum of your choice, 1x, 2x, 3x or 4x salary, payable where there is no prospect of an improvement in your medical condition to perform the essential duties of your normal occupation as an airline pilot.
Any claim arising out of or attributable to any disability, condition or illness for which an Insured Person has received or required medical or psychiatric treatment or counselling in the 24 months prior to the effective date of an Insured Person’s insurance, until a period of 24 months has elapsed during which time an Insured Person has neither received nor required any medical or psychiatric treatment or counselling for the said disability, condition or illness.
War, Terrorism or warlike action (whether declared or not), civil war, rebellion, insurrection or military or usurped power; Travel to any war zones not declared to, and accepted by underwriters; Nuclear, Chemical and Biological weapons or warfare; Partial disability; Bonus or commission; Loss directly or indirectly by Kidnap & Ransom; Attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury; Misuse of drugs or alcohol; HIV; Loss of Occupational Licence; Failure to pass a periodical aviation medical for anything other than bodily injury or sickness; Mental or nervous disorders; Workers Compensation; Maternity unless medical complications arise; Dependents; Regularly or extensively practiced hazardous sports including but not limited to: Boxing, Climbing/Mountaineering requiring ropes or guides or free climbing; All professional sports; Hang Gliding, Delta wing gliding and paragliding; Motorized racing of any form; Deep sea diving; Parachuting; Bungee jumping; Show jumping, steeple chasing, eventing or flat horse racing.
Fitness to Fly does not cover mental or nervous disorders or illness directly or indirectly related to alcohol, drugs or narcotics.